New, Classic OK QRP Contest
Due to inactivity of Czech radioclub, OK1DOM based on the positive response of more Czech VHF ham operators, invites you in the New, Classic OK QRP VHF Contest. Thanks to our Slovak friends, very similar QRP Contest will be held in OM in the same time and more-less same rules. Because the Contest rules are not limited for OK stations only, we believe, that any EU station can fully participate in this QRP Contest and be evaluated together with OK stations. However, participation of any station will be very appreciated, even if such station has no interest to be evaluated in the final result list.
Classic OK QRP Contest Rules:
The first full weekend in August each year, from 07.00 UTC to 13.00 UTC in the 144 MHz band only.
144 MHz SO
144 MHz MO
Operation modes: CW, SSB and FM as defined in the freq. band allocation of IARU.
Output RF power: 10 W max.
In case of use more PAs the sum of their output power must be below the
– Use of DX Cluster is not limited.
– Only one signal on the band is allowed.
– From one contest location can participate more stations in this contest, if agreed.
– EME, cross-band and repeaters QSOs are not valid.
– Use of remotely (via Internet) controlled receiver and/or transceiver is prohibited.
– The other conditions are the same, as ordinary IARU VHF Contest rules.
Contest exchange code: as usual. However only QSO, when the full contest code has been exchanged is valid. So, please do not send numbers as 000 (zero), or just report without the contest serial number, even if you participate in the contest only and you are not want to be evaluated. In such case don't send your contest log to evaluator (below).
Points: For each km one point as defined in the IARU VHF Contest rules. QSOs with nonparticipated stations are valid as well, if they exchange full contest code.
Contest log: is possible send to evaluator in elekctronic form or via ordinary mail as paper log.
– Electronic log must be in EDI (REG1TEST) format. Other format will be not evaluated.
– As paper log the copy of station log is good enough.
– Contest log need to be sent to evaluator address with 10 days after Contest date.
QSO validity: contest qso is not valid, if:
– any mistake in received code is observed (Call, RST, Contest serial nr., Locator)
– QSO time difference in log is more than 10 min to correct UTC.
Station will be not evaluated, if:
– not comply with Contest rules
– more, than 10 % distances are not calculated properly
– data in Contest log are not truthful
– the operator behaviour in the Contest is unfair
– for paper logs: P.O.Box 14, CZ 150 04 Praha 54